As the Beach Bistro parade of Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island nears its 20th anniversary, people are excited to see what new floats and exotic animals make their way into the lineup. But, as great as the parade is going to be, we know what's really on everybody's mind is where they're going to drink afterwards! Duffy's Tavern is the only way to go!
Head to Duffy's for the great food, voted the best burger joint on the island. Our Tex Burger with tender bacon, fresh cheddar, and tangy BBQ sauce is a favorite among our customers. However, while a great burger is a great way to re-energize, we know that what people are looking for after all those hot hours standing on Palm Drive watching the procession go by is an ice-cold, refreshing beer. Come on down with your friends to celebrate St. Patty's day the right way, getting a froth mustache from one of our draft beers. Whether you're a Budweiser guy or a Stella girl, or you prefer something more unique, Duffy's has over 20 beers to suit your taste! Duffy's Tavern is the place you'll want to be on Sunday, March 13th!
We'll try and save you a seat, but no promises. Let the real parade begin!
Is there a better way to celebrate International Beer Day than coming into Duffy's for the coldest beer in town? We can't think of one! Celebrated the first Friday of every August, International Beer Day is a celebration that was founded in 2007 in Santa Cruz, California. It has 3 declared purposes:
1. To gather with friends to enjoy the taste of beer.
2. To celebrate those responsible for brewing and serving beer.
3. To unite the world under a banner of beer, by celebrating the beers
of all nations together on a single day.
Participants in International Beer Day are encouraged to give one another "the gift of beer" by buying one another drinks and showing appreciation for bartenders and brewers! In honor of International Beer Day, here are some fun facts about beer.
• Egyptian Pyramid workers were paid with 1 gallon of beer per day
• In the Middle Ages, beer was consumed more than water because the alcohol in it made it safer
• Beer is claimed to prevent cardiac disease and cognitive decline
• Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass
• The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content
• There are approximately 400 types of beer
• One of the oldest laws in the world required each person to have a daily ration of beer based on their social status
So what are you waiting for? Come on in to Duffy's today, grab a cold one, and enjoy one of our world famous burgers while you're at it!